Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Panda Recovery Poll: Did You Recover Last Week?
As you know, Google pushed out a new Panda update last week, that was “more finely targeted.” I suggested this was the softer Panda release that we’ve been expecting but Google didn’t use those words…
- Would Google Penalize A Google Ventures Investment?
Joe Hall on Threadwatch highlights a post by Jacob King on how Google Ventures, Google’s investment arm, has a big investment in one of the largest coupon sites on the internet – a site that gets the majority of their traffic from Google organic search…
- Don’t Try To Fix Your Google Maps Listing Yourself, Call Google.
About a month ago, some Google representative in India from the Google Maps team called my office to verify our address on Google Maps. We verified all was good and then he hung up. A day or so later…
- Google Earnings: Revenue Up 19%, Paid Clicks Up 23% But CPC Down 6%
Google announced earnings last week and for the first time in a long time, those earnings did not beat expectations.
The main concern from investors is the 6% drop in cost per click (CPC) prices. While we’ve seen a 2-4% decrease in those prices…
- Tumblr @NASDAQ Via Marissa Mayer
Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s CEO and former Google executive, was on social media and camera duty, sharing pictures and videos on Tumblr of the Tumblr team doing the opening at the NASDAQ several days ago.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Trying to fix unnatural links penalty, WebmasterWorld
- Are Google alerts supposed to be in real time? 22 hours delays normal?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Dance can appear after removing High PR Links?, blackhatworld.com
- Microsoft stock drops by billions after disappointing earnings report, WebmasterWorld
- Puzzle Pathway to Help You Learn AdWords, AdWords Community